Love Ally's Leda candle will add a touch of artistic elegance to your home. Her timeless figure and envious curves will capture the attention of anyone who walks through your home.
- Made from a sustainable beeswax blend
- Australian Made
- 8-hour burn time
21 cm H x 10 cm W x 9 cm D
Candle Care & Safety
- Avoid placing near a draft, open window, air duct or fan
- Ensure wick is trimmed each time candle is lit
- Do not leave candle unattended whilst lit
- Stop burning the candle once 3cm of unmelted wax remains
Leda is made for decorative use, however, if you decide to burn it, we strongly recommend you place a heat-proof dish under this product to help control any excess wax from dripping.
Every Leda candle is quality controlled and is unique given her hand-made nature, however, slight variations may occur between candles, adding to her one of a kind beauty.
- Free shipping available Australia wide for all orders over $100
- $29.99 shipping for all International orders over $100
- Calculated shipping rates at checkout for all orders under $100
In Ancient Greek mythology, Leda was an Aetolian princess who became a Spartan Queen. She was seduced by Zeus who feathered himself into the form of a swan. From this copulation, she gave birth to the infamous Helen of Troy whose "face launched a thousand ships and burnt the topless towers of Ilium" as referenced in Christopher Marlowe's Doctor Faustus (1604).
Leda has since been a classic motif in art, literature and culture. She was the subject of Leonardo Da Vinci’s painting composition, who was fascinated with the theme of Leda during the time he painted Mona Lisa. Leda was also referenced in William Butler Yeats’ classic poem, ‘Leda and the Swan’ whereby Leda's daughter, Helen shapes mythological history and symbolises the collapse of Troy.
While both offer an interpretation of this classical myth, Love Ally has curated their own interpretation of Leda and chosen a wax medium to carefully sculpt her form which symbolises strength and empowerment.